1/24/10

Mawwage. Mawwage is what bwings us together today.

Last weekend Cory decided it was time to get down to business. After 6 months of dating, he'd had enough. So, he took me up to a rooftop at FSU last Saturday, and proposed to me in the rain. He did such a good job of finding a ring that I absolutely love! I'm so excited to be marrying such a sweet, thoughtful, handsome, silly guy!

Lara snapped a picture of us right after it happened. I'm on the phone with my mom:

Here's the ring Cory chose, resting (ever so gently) in some roses Cory brought over:

The only help I gave him was my vague desire for "fancy metal designs" and "pretty." He did amazing, all things considered. I've never really been the type looking to get married at age 20, but I guess sometimes I even surprise myself. We've set the date for July 2nd, in the Orlando, Florida Temple. I just can't believe it!

5 comments:

Becca said...

Hurrah! Congratulations, Lindy Lee! And Cory Key!

You're going to love being married--it's the BEST. Take it from me, my tenth anniversary is in three weeks.

The ring is beautiful, and so are you--you're a lucky fella, Cory! I am so happy for you and wish you all the best. BE GOOD.

Love,
Becca

PS- If I put my address in a new comment, will you delete it? I want to be the first person to receive an announcement.

Unknown said...

YEAH! FREAKIN YEAH!!!!!

I remember when ya'll firsdt washed windows together at the church.... must have been love at first cleaning experience! haha


I am sooo happy for you guys!

freya said...

lindy,
all i have to say is you better move into first ward so you can be married friends with us and the hargretts.
and second of all i freaking love you and the two of you getting married, it's so exciting!

aaaand i didn't think i would get married at 20 either, hahaha
those RM's'll get ya!

Jason and Jackie said...

I am so happy you posted a picture of the ring. I love it! Cory did a good job picking it out. Love you!

Alicia said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! Lindy, that is the best news ever!! I love the bling!