2/6/11

While You Were Sleeping

Some people like to sleep in on Saturday mornings. Some people married other people who feel differently. Some people have grown to accept that, and have ceased to be surprised at whatever crazy project is going on in their living room by the time they decide to get out of bed.

Even if it looks like this:

Nothing like the sweet smell of paint fumes, early in the morning.
And yes, my favorite place to paint IS on the living room carpet. Unless it's spray paint. I take that to the back yard.

While my shelf painting project dried in the living room, I introduced some mismatched frames to my new BFF, Metallic Spray Paint.


That little parade got a little rained on pretty quickly. I almost cried when I came outside 10 minutes later to find this massacre:


Don't worry--the spray paint had already pretty much dried, so the water just wiped off. 

Much banging and many nail holes later, my first ever photo collage wall was born!


Also, it doesn't matter what time of day I decide to hang something up, Cory is ALWAYS convinced that the neighbors are sleeping. He'll say, "Lindy! Now?? The neighbors are probably sleeping!" I mean, come on. Are these people sick??? Why do they sleep so much??

And that's pretty much what my Saturday looked like.

And this is what Cory's Saturday looked like:

Check out the Mentos. I think I need to cut him off. Things are getting out of control.
This is basically what his whole life looks like right now. Turns out, engineerin' stuff is hard.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute photo collage! :) I can't wait to get into our house and start decorating it up! I'll probably steal all of your ideas! ;)

Mrs. Blimes said...

That is a god looking collage! I love the big "A" too! Also, is that the lampshade you were talking bout? I kinda really like it naked like that! Weird.... No?

freya said...

your wall looks awesome! i'm glad that between the rain, "sleeping" neighbors, and your studying boo you were able to turn out such a masterpiece!
i need you to come here and help my poor little house out. i'm excited to see what you come up with for your lamp shadeless lamp. (no pressure)

you know i've heard that studying causes halitosis, that's why i just steer clear of it.

Alicia said...

Cute, Lindy! You're so awesome!! I'm so glad you have a blog so I can keep up with ya. I love your wall collage. And I loved the picture with all the mentos. Love it! Danny's vice is (I feel like I need to whisper this... {*Fun Dip*}...)

Lindy said...

I'm actually liking the lampshade naked myself...but I might experiment with some lace or doilies or something else old lady-ish that I love for some reason :)

Becca said...

The first two sentences of this post made me laugh and laugh. I had to call Allen in from the other room and read it aloud to him. You are describing the phenomenon that we still experience every Saturday.

Some people are night people. Some people married other people who are morning people. Some people have grown to accept that, and ceased to get their feelings hurt when other people (without a trace of anger or resentment) go to church without some people, because other people like to be on time.