4/7/11

White and Nerdy

One of my favorite thing about this little blogity blog is the ability it gives me to look back and remember exactly what I thought was significant  during the past few years. It makes me laugh to read the things I wrote about, and I know I wouldn't remember most of the events if not for this documentation. History is made by those who write it down, people.

 My other favorite things are funny comments, and stalking people. But that's another post, for another day.

When I look back on April 2011 in a few years, what would I like to remember?

 Possibilities: Work was stressful. Finishing my bachelor's degree in English Literature has never seemed so close, and yet so far. I actually cooked dinner three times this week. All are true, yet none seem to really encapsulate what my life as truly been about recently.

What has taken precedence?



Yea. That's right. 

I'm blogging about Avatar. 

I'm not going to do a huge post about this, mostly because my friend Becca did one a year ago that says it all. Click here to read about her family's experience with the show, and her astute review of the plot lines and character development. (Yes, Becca. I creeped your archives.)

I've been watching it pretty regularly for the past week and half. And by "regularly" I mean, "every moment I can. I'm starting on the third (and final) season now.  All the episodes are on Netflix Instant Play, which has proven to be irresistible to me. I take my laptop around the house with me, washing dishes, cooking dinner, and....watching Avatar. I'm pretty cool.

Cory refuses to join in. He claims that he's not interested in a silly cartoon. But really, its because he's been a little preoccupied with his own nerdy little RPG love:


To each his own.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Netflix instant stream is the devil I swear! It just sucks you right in...and it has the ENTIRE season so you just keep watching! :) I can't tell you how many shows I've watched ALL of. Ridiculous. Haha, thanks for sharing your little obsession though! :)

Unknown said...

I'm super sucked into Prison Break on Netflix instant stream. All four seasons are on thee. No lie, you and Cory both will be hooked on that little treasure! Curse you Netflix. Curse you.

Becca said...

YES!!! I KNEW you would love it, too. Oh, it's just so cool I can't stand it. And I'm not giving anything away by saying that it could not POSSIBLY end better than it does.

But, (sniff, sniff), it does end.

I am so proud.

The Hargretts said...

Chris and I are watching Avatar too!! Danny and Sara Brown has introduced it to us before the movie came out so pretty much every time we get together with the Browns we watch Avatar. We are about in the middle of the second season but it's pretty awesome!

Lindy said...

I finished it the other night...I miss it. But it was awesome! Best anime...okay...ONLY anime show I've ever seen!

freya said...

this is hilarious.
we all have our secret pleasures. i'm listening to that friday song for like the fifth time in a row? hahah we got to extreme measures to procrastinate papers don't we? haha

white and nerdy? weird al? another good song ha